Who We Are
Hothouse Marketing is a well-established and rapidly growing marketing/advertising agency that works with many of Victoria’s top businesses and not-for-profits… and we’re looking to expand our team!
With a staff of 16 highly talented marketing and communications professionals, we operate two companies (hothousemarketing.com and h2digital.ca) and we offer a low-key but high performance environment in which to work and grow. Every member of our team is focused on contributing to our clients’ success and we are passionate about solving problems creatively and with heart and integrity.
The Account Coordinator provides assistance to the account services team in the day-to-day management of accounts while developing the skills necessary to advance to the position of Account Manager.
The AC interfaces with various departments within the agency (media, creative, accounting and production) to move things along on behalf of the client. The AE is part of a small business unit – ensuring that the marketing project is built and billed on time, on budget and profitably for the agency.
The AC will have input in helping to develop strategic marketing plans for agency clients. After the plan has been developed, presented, and approved by the client, it is the AE’s job to execute the plan under the supervision of an Account Manager or Director.
With the support of our team, the Account Coordinator is responsible for:
- Receiving client briefings, filling out contact reports and/or minutes, and subsequently actioning all necessary agency personnel.
- Developing creative briefings and strategies for projects – for the approval of (or in collaboration with) their supervisor — that clearly outline the client’s requirements, timing and budget for each project.
- Obtaining supplier quotes in an organized fashion and ensuring that all pertinent information is available for a supervisor’s review.
- Consistently checking on the progress of jobs and ensuring that all material and information required to complete a job is readily available.
- Gathering and assembling background information and analyses as needed by account managers in development of briefs, etc.
- Assisting in the development of strategic and tactical marketing, media, public relations and other plans.
- Coordinating project timing and budgets – under supervision of account manager.
- Actively seeking additional projects and new business from client contacts.
- Being willing to garner in-depth understanding of clients’ businesses and industry segments.
- Having an understanding of the media and production process.
- 2+ years marketing experience
- Post-secondary degree in marketing and/or communications
- Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Mac OS
- Proficient in MS Office programs (Excel, Word and Powerpoint)
- Knowledge of typical digital marketing platforms including Google Analytics, Facebook
- Business Manager, and other online tools
- Medical Services Plan Coverage
- Extended Health and Dental Coverage (including Vision Care)
- Team Member & Family Assistance Program
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death
- Work with a successful, creative and FUN team of professionals!
Please email us your cover letter and resume if you are interested.