The Opportunity: Account Executive
Are you looking to grow your career at a leading marketing and advertising agency company in BC? Are you energetic, creative and excited by how an idea well executed can help a company compete, innovate and thrive in today’s competitive world? Do you want to be part of a diverse, talented, driven and fun team? Read on—this opportunity could be for you.
The Role: Account Executive
The Account Executive (AE) provides assistance to the account services team regarding the day-to-day management of accounts.
The AE interfaces with various departments of the agency (media, creative, digital, accounting and production) to help move projects through the agency on behalf of the client. The AE is in essence part of a small business unit – ensuring that the marketing project is developed, managed, executed and billed on time, on budget and profitably for the agency.
In particular, the AE is responsible for the execution of adverting and marketing strategies that have been conceived and approved under direct supervision of an Account Manager or Director.
The What: Your Responsibilities
- Meets regularly with agency staff assigned to his/her projects to ensure that all resources are working in a coordinated fashion with accurate information.
- Participates in client meetings and briefings. Prepares contact reports promptly to record and direct all action items.
- Works with supervisor to prepare briefing materials for agency staff and helps brief projects into the team. Able to research and synthesize supporting materials that will aid briefing sessions.
- Consistently manages the progress of all jobs to ensure timelines are met. Proactively identifies issues that may affect timelines and budgets and proactively brings those forth to supervisor.
- Manages project administration including opening/closing job dockets, budget status report, filing, billing, preparation of weekly status reports.
- Communicates with clients on project status by phone, email and in meetings helping to manage expectations and build confidence.
- Presents materials to clients as required and must be able to explain and rationalize ideas, while also listening and encouraging feedback and collaboration.
- Assists in the development of reports, presentations, research and marketing strategy development as required.
- Checks and approves creative and production materials before going to the client, media or production suppliers.
- Actively seeks additional projects and new business from client contacts.
- Is familiar and knowledgeable about clients’ businesses and industry segments.
- Has an understanding of digital and traditional media planning, buying and negotiating and the production process.
The How: Your Personal Characteristics
- Positive, upbeat perspective on work and life – your glass is half full, not half empty!
- Self-starter, able to work well independently with minimal supervision AND as part of a team.
- A good listener and communicator (written and verbal).
- Accountable and not afraid of taking responsibility for projects.
- Open to feedback and continuous improvement.
- Able to work quickly and manage multiple projects with tight timelines – working well under pressure is critical.
- Solution-oriented, able to find a way when the path is not clear.
- A people person that easily builds relationships.
- Organized and extremely detail-oriented.
- Committed to ongoing learning professionally and personally.
- Degree or certificate in business, marketing, or communications.
- 1 – 3 years agency or related experience.
- Experience in marketing a tourism brand would be ideal.
The position is based downtown in spectacular Victoria, BC.
Salary is commensurate with the position and experience; extended benefits available.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume in confidence to email@example.com
No phone calls please. Only those applicants shortlisted will be contacted.
All applications should be submitted by 4pm September 24, 2019.